Thursday, January 6, 2011

repetition


to start it all out, to begin, to let loose...show your true colors.
I dunno, the new year thing seems a little cliche, and some what boring and cycle oriented. why can't it be a new year everyday? why do calendars have to tell us when to start a new year? why does TIME control our progress. just because your 100 years old and haven't graduated college doesn't mean you should give up and not try... I mean come on.. my great aunt lived to be 102... so technically you could start at 98 and graduate by your death! HURRAY! ( depending on your major) my grandpa remarried at like 92 or something. but who cares if it is 92 or 94 I mean seriously.. the guy is in his nineties and he remarried, that is more then most of us could ever say. EVER.
i guess what i am trying to say here is, don't let the "traditions" control your every move, make your own! and don't feel obligated to climb mt. everest just because it's the new year and you have to do something amazing. i mean by all means if you want to, do it, but don't feel pressured or feel obligated.. don't settle or sell out. do something because you want to and you love it. just because billy is going to the movies doesn't mean you have too.. my dad always said that to me when I was little. if one of my friends was doing something and I wanted to he would say, " just because billy is jumping off the cliff doesn't mean you have to too." ha, it's true. we all have tendencies to follow the traditions, but i'm encouraging to try something new, and fresh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment